Facilities Consultant: Andela
Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, they believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.
They have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and they want you to help make it happen
About the Role:
Andela is seeking a Facilities Consultant whose primary role will be to effectively manage all Andela’s functioning infrastructure, operational services and processes in a way that will provide an efficient and safe working environment for employees and their activities. To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring extensive knowledge and experience in providing best business practices to manage resources, services and processes, while improving efficiency, reducing operating costs and most importantly increasing productivity.
Facilitate the day-to-day operations of all Andela facilities in Lagos; including newly added facilities in future. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- To lead supplier negotiations, recommend supplier selection and implement contracts designed to encourage continual improvement.
- To ensure contracts are completed for all relevant agreements and that service level agreements have been agreed with the relevant business owner (s). This will include Health and Safety issues, Sustainability as well as penalty payments for non-compliance and service delivery
- Vendor procurement selection and contract management including supervision, scheduling, and coordination; checking that agreed work has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- Direct, coordinate, and plan essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, mail, archiving, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and recycling
- Develop and track monthly spending budgets and prepare reports detailing budgeted amounts versus actual spent; Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services; including ensuring that we get best value for money.
- Hold a University degree/Higher Diploma in Facilities Management or Business related courses.
- Have prior experience in managing facilities.
- Have a strong background in Vendor relation management, business operations and Infrastructure maintenance.
- Prior experience in a start-up/fast growing organization is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To apply click here
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and other MS office tools
- Technically competent, with excellent problem solving, analytical, IT and managerial skills
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
- Procurement and negotiation skills
- Focused on results
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team