FIRS Recruitment (Officer II, Tax - SL 10): Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
The Federal Inland Revenue Service as part of its consolidation strategies, wish to engage the services of early starters with integrity, drive and desire to win professionally, to strengthen its workforce.
- Raising additional assessment while examining tax returns
- Ensuring uniform application of Tax Laws, Tax Regulations and Information circulars
- Supervising a number of Officers responsible for the assessment of small companies, individual business concerns, partnerships, estates and trust.
- Conducting enquiries into the affairs of small companies
- Following up such cases as are in dispute through the appeal procedures.
- The successful candidate should be highly organized, numerate and possess strong interpersonal skills to support and represent the team where necessary, externally and internally.
- The individual will ideally have commercial-business knowledge with ability to interpret business numbers and strategies of profit derivation in tax accounting.
- The position requires someone who is a self-starter and requires little supervision or motivation to meet challenging targets and deadlines. Current membership of a relevant professional institution is essential
Minimum Qualifications/Skills Base
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
- Or Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
- Computer literacy and conversancy with Microsoft office, Web Applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to effectively delegate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills
Method of Application
Applicants are expected to fill their applications online. Application forms can be found on the career page at the FIRS Website.
The FIRS Application Portal will be available with effect from Monday, 29th August, 2016.
To apply click here
- Candidate should follow the instructions to fill in your application.
- Only applications in respect of the position would be considered.
- All individuals are expected to apply to onlyONE position.
- Multiple applications by one Candidate for more than one job will be disqualified.
- Upon submission, applicants will receive an acknowledgement containing a reference number which must be quoted in all future correspondences.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview