FHI 360: Procurement and Logistics Manager in Nigeria
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Their staff includes experts in Health. Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society Gender, Youth, Research and Technology- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FIH 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S states and all U.S. territories.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- Manages day to day operations and systems coordination related to the procurement of various supplies and services in support of the project located domestically and internationally.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the procurement process and inventory of office supplies, computer peripherals, software, cell phones, furniture, publications, subscriptions, medical equipment and pharmaceuticals for both domestic and country offices.
- Coordinate the periodic inventory verification of all listed stores and property.
- Ensure that the inventory list is accurate and complete and that all required data fields are populated and accurately entered into electronic inventory system.
- Develops and implements logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance.
- Acts as liaison with finance to assure purchase orders are paid as due and accounts are maintained currently.
- BS/BA degree in Procurements and Logistics related field with 5 – 7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience using inventory management software is an advantage.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Or MS/MA degree in Business Admin or related field with 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement and logistics standards and practices. Working knowledge of company policies and procedures regarding budgets and contracts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, policies and procedures.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
Application Deadline 30th October, 2017. To apply click here