Euromonitor International: Market Researcher
Euromonitor International, Established in 1972, is the world leader in strategy research for consumer markets. Comprehensive international coverage and leading edge innovation make our products an essential resource for companies locally and worldwide. As an independent company, they offer unmatched detail and unbiased content for every region, country, category and channel.
- Please note this position is for short-term contract work only and all work with us is coordinated remotely. They do offer the opportunity to work flexible hours and from the comfort of your home.
- Euromonitor International is looking for self-starting independent professionals with a business, economics or scientific background who wish to get involved in market research projects in Nigeria.
- In EMEA, Euromonitor has offices in London, Vilnius, Dubai and Cape Town, so when client entrusts us with a strategic market study in Nigeria, they rely on their self-employed local contributors to help us carry out research locally.
- The market research contributor is part of a regional remote team and reports directly to a Project Manager in one of their 4 regional offices.
- Basic Responsibilities
- Reviewing and collecting information from secondary sources
- Visiting retail stores to gather product information
- Conducting trade interviews with different key players of the value chain: manufacturers, suppliers, distributors
- Collecting and manipulating data points in order to build market sizes, brand participation, etc.
- Analysing quantitative and qualitative data / information - Hypothesis testing
- Generating MS-Word and PowerPoint reports in English
Desired Skills & Experience
Do you have what it takes to become one of our top Nigeria contributors?
Here is what we are looking for:
- Minimum availability of 30 hours per week when actively engaged on a project
- Fluency in local language and English
- Previous experience working on a short-term contract basis
- Tenacity in the pursuit of information and a keen attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - conducting interviews with industry players is a key part of the role
- Excellent time-management, organization and self-motivation skills
- High level of numeracy - Ability to work with, analyse, and interpret data
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
What they Offer
To apply click here
- Continuous training in their market research methodologies via online courses and selected live training sessions
- Collaboration with an international team across EMEA
- The ability to contribute to research projects for top multinationals
- The opportunity to develop and position yourself as a local market research expert
- Flexible hours from the comfort of your home