Director General: PriceWaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- NIA seeks experienced individuals to provide strategic leadership and direction for the Association.
- The ideal candidates will be required to demonstrate highly advanced strategic perspectives and execution capabilities and must be able to engage with a range of diverse and sometimes challenging internal and external stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities
Overall Function of the Position:
- The Director General (DG) is responsible for the achievement of the Association’s vision, mission and strategic direction as well as driving the accomplishment of growth and expansion programs, governance policies and management of business risks.
- The Director General reports directly to the Governing Council.
Specific Duties of the Position:
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to the management team to drive the Association’s business towards sustainable growth
- Articulate and oversee the translation of high level corporate strategies and growth plans into business and operational strategies
- Create avenues to promote productive relationships among members of the Association such as conferences and meetings for the discussion of technical and professional matters relevant to Insurance.
- Build relationships with individuals, associations, institutions or bodies within or outside Nigeria whose goals align with those of the Association
- Maintain constant dialogue with other trade Associations in the Insurance industry with a view to fostering good relationships between them, the NIA as well as the insuring public
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in any related discipline
- Minimum of 20 years post-qualification experience in the financial services industry out of which ten (10) years must have been spent at an Executive management level
- Relevant professional will be an added advantage e.g. ACIIN, ACCA
- Evidence of strong industry knowledge
Skills and Competencies:
To apply click here
- Corporate planning, strategy planning and implementation
- Knowledge of Insurance
- Business process & organizational dynamics knowledge
- Business continuity planning
- Compliance investigation
- Good use of IT
- Relationship & stakeholder management
- People management