Digital Communications Executive: eHealth Africa
eHealth Africa (eHA) designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Communications Executive
- The Digital Communications Executive uses digital channels to dynamically communicate to eHealth Africa’s target audiences our work, messages and achievements.
- The post also involves guiding and encouraging colleagues across the organisation to engage with digital communications activities.
- Graphics design (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) HTML, Content Management Systems, Email Campaign systems, Social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Others duties may be assigned.
Scope and Accountability:
- The Digital Communications Officer is part of a small, high performing Communications team, also consisting of a Communications Manager and Media and Communications Officer. S/he is responsible for engaging EHAs’ various internal and external audiences online, through creative use and effective management of digital channels, including the website, social media and e-bulletins.
- In addition, s/he is responsible for supporting teams with digital communications activities, including training/coaching where necessary. The Digital Communications Officer works with the Communications Manager to ensure staff are actively engaging with our new intranet, our website and other communications platforms. S/he is also responsible for ensuring we have translated content available online.
- An expert in building online communities, s/he leads on developing EHAs’ online profile. This is done through ensuring that we maintain a strong and consistent presence on selected social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube) and that we are sharing content through relevant third party websites and newsletters.
Website Management, Content Creation and Search:
- Provides oversight of the eHA state operation and works closely and effectively with partners/clients, project team and external consultants who use the eHA office and serves as a primary contact with partners/clients for all project related items.
- Lead on ensuring that EHAs’ website is kept up-to-date and relevant, follows best practice (with regards to design, usability and accessibility) and presents our work, resources and impact clearly.
- Work with external consultants to coordinate new developments to the website and ensure any technical issues are resolved.
Programme Support and Internal Communications:
- Work with the Communications Manager and IT Officer to support the development of EHAs’ intranet.
- Promote the benefits and impact of our digital communications internally.
Other Communications and Organisational Activities:
- Participate in team and other organisational meetings or working groups as required.
- Support the Communications Manager with any other communications projects and activities and perform other duties and tasks as required, consistent with the skills and expertise of the postholder, in non-routine circumstances.
Qualifications and Experience
To apply click here
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in writing, communication and management experience required.
- Strong creative, non-technical writing skills,
- Understanding of digital communications channels and tactics, including electronic and print media.
- Proven record in building digital media platforms, notably social media communications.
- Ability to build consensus and work with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and assessment skills and project management skills.
- Ability to develop communications plans to synchronize with organizational goals in fundraising and development, government and corporate relations.