Database Administrator: Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Group Information Technology: Systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production.
The Database Administrator carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following technical areas:
- Creating and maintaining all databases required for Production, Disaster Recovery, development and testing usage,
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances,
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of databases,
- Setup and maintenance of online replication of data from to the DR environment,
- Monitor and advise management on licensing issues while ensuring compliance with Oracle License agreements,
- Proactive Production Database monitoring across database platforms.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the production Databases.
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Puts standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the bank’s standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluates releases of database engines and their tools, and third party products to ensure that the bank is running the products that are most appropriate.
IT Business Control, Network Administrators, Server & Storage Administrators, Application Support Team, ITSM, IT Auditors, eBusiness IT, End Users
Software Vendors, Auditors
Preferred Qualification and Experience
To apply click here
- Minimum of first degree or its equivalent in numerate or semi-numerate disciplines such as engineering, actuarial sciences, statistics, mathematics, computer science etc.
- Minimum of 5 year post qualification experience in Oracle and MS SQL Server Database Administration
- IT programming experience will be beneficial
- Oracle Certification will be beneficial.