Data Scientist - Analytics Office EMEA: Nokia
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things.
With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
- Consulting services are essential attributes of Nokia Analytics solution offering in order to create sustained customer value and grow Nokia Analytics business. They ensure Nokia customers to identify the right business use cases, to bring advanced data science insights and to maximize their operational value.
- Analytics Office is part of Nokia Applications & Analytics Business Group’s professional services and Consultants and Analysts are part of regional teams serving local customers while being supported by global Practice Areas and capability development.
- This position allows the candidates to be at the forefront of wireless data explosion with carriers worldwide. Members of the Analytics office will assist operators to produce business, customer and network insights on popular cellular devices like iPhones, iPads, Androids and IoT devices as well as new and existing cellular technologies like CDMA, UMTS, 4G LTE, VoLTE among other things.
Main Responsibility Area
- Support product attached consulting deliveries by carrying out data analytics and data science driven tasks on Nokia and operator data sources
- Tasks include all aspects of Data Science work from data cleanup to developing predictive models, as well as deploying the models to produce valuable insights and articulating that to the customer
- Build and develop trust-based relationships with operator customer’s middle and senior management in relation to product attached consulting engagements
- Understand customer’s commercial and operational challenges and apply these understanding when developing models and insights
- Provide opportunity leads to sales in order to maximize business value of Nokia solutions to the customer
- Fully responsible for planning and executing all required data analytics related to assigned consulting engagements
- Design advanced analytics models including predictive modeling and machine learning to answer the business and operational question at hand
- Applying advance analytics and data science methods to generate business insights, predict customer satisfaction and other business performance indices
- Applying advanced analytics and data science methods to generate innovative new network measures and insights using available data
- Develop tools and templates to assist in operationalizing analytics insights
- Use fact based problem solving methods
- Strive for customer business benefits and customer satisfaction
- Position Nokia as a preferred partner in selected product attached consulting services
To apply click here
- Strong telecom background which includes sound understanding of IP Data Networks and protocols and good understanding of CDMA, UMTS, LTE Wireless Data Network architecture
- Strong data analytics and data science experience, developing models using various data mining and machine learning algorithms. Application of such data science work in telecom a plus
- Strong data manipulation skills using SQL
- Good understanding of various big data concepts. Working knowledge of Hadoop based environments a plus
- Strong experience with data mining / machine learning platforms and tools like R, Python, RapidMinder, etc.
- Strong experience with data visualization tools like Excel, Tableau, Business Objects, etc.
- Strong verbal, written and visual articulation skills using PowerPoint to effectively communicate complex ideas