Customer Service recruitment: The British Council, Abuja
The British Council is the world's leading cultural relations organization and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. They see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all.
They build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world.
Purpose of Job
- To support the achievement of country plan objectives in Nigeria by delivering customer services and examinations administration support.
- To maintain them at the highest professional standards as set out in the British Council's EQS (Examination Quality Standards) and by the Examination Board Partners.
Accountabilities, Responsibilities and Main Duties (including people management and finance)
- Quality: to deliver a high standard of customer service to their customers, schools and exams candidates. Performance is measured by their own Exams Quality Standards and the inspection visits from Cambridge International Exams and other examination boards.
- Finance: all British Council standards for managing finances are met with relation to managing Purchase Orders, reconciling income, managing contracts and procurement.
- Reliability: to ensure examinations are delivered securely according to board requirements
- To provide services that support British Council examination candidates.
- Front desk is always manned during operational hours
- Visitors are attended to immediately and appropriately
- Phone enquiries answered within 45 seconds of first ring
- To provide administrative support in the delivery of exams, workshops, seminars and any other project related services in line with Exams Quality Standards (EQS)
- All service registration procedures (e.g. Exams, Certification and other programme registration) are fully understood and implemented to agreed standards.
- Use the E-Africa website as the single authoritative source of information for all enquiry handling
- Providing administrative support in the delivery of examinations. This involves supporting colleagues in pre and post-test/examination administration duties. This includes exams data entry, post-dispatch, assisting with session planning/implementation and examination invigilation.
- Supporting Exams Officers in venue staff monitoring and training.
- Conducting venue and school inspections.
- Supporting the wider British Council activities such as workshops, seminars and any other project related services in line with Exams Quality Standards (EQS)
To apply click here
Application Deadline 23rd January, 2017.