Current Job Openings: ActionAid Nigeria
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world.
AAN is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the following positions below in Abuja:
Job Title: Partnerships & Local Rights Programme Manager
- The post holder will be responsible for leading, motivating and supporting the LRP team to plan and manage activities aimed at achieving the objectives of ActionAid Nigeria Partnerships & Local Rights Programmes in line with the Country Strategy Paper.
- S/he would be the liaison between the LRP team and other Strategic focus (programme) areas of AAN, take charge of AAN relationship and strategic engagement with partner organisations, MDAs and traditional institutions.
- First degree in Social sciences or Arts/humanities is essential
- Master’s degree in relevant field is essential
- Eight (8) years minimum working experience is essential
- At least four years’ experience in project management is essential
- Experience in community mobilization and engagement with government at State and local levels is essential
- Experience in social mobilization and campaign is essential
- Experience working with women groups and persons with disabilities is desirable
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent Skills in Programme Information Management
Job Title: Internal Audit Consultant
- The Audit Consultants will support the Internal Auditor to execute audit activities as contained in AAN approved Internal Audit Plan.
- S/he will ensure that established procedures are being properly followed, assets are safeguarded and that resources are judiciously utilised, reviewing accounting records and systems within the overall context of the organisation’s internal control network as well as reviewing the level of compliance in respect of policies, plans, procedures, guidelines, laws and regulations.
- First Degree in Accounting with minimum of 2 years experience in auditing.
- Experience conducting audit independently and preparing audit working papers and reports
- Computer literate with proven knowledge in Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills is required
- With professional integrity, respect for confidentiality; be mentally independent and objective
- Must be gender sensitive and have positive tolerance on the organisation’s constituency (the poor, disabled, marginalised, women, girls and the excluded).
Job Title: Finance Consultant
- The Finance Consultant will contribute to maintaining adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers.
- S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of AAN and partner organizations.
- First Degree in Accounting/Economic with minimum of 3 years’ experience in the INGO/NGO sector
- A professional qualified Chartered Accountant or undergoing professional qualification
- Experience managing donor (DfID, EU, Foundation etc) funded related projects
- Knowledge of Accounting/ Finance cycles and taxation
- Knowledge of statutory and Internal Audit processes is desirable
- Must be computer literate with proven knowledge in Word and Excel
- Proficiency in reputable/dependable high tech Accounting software is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must have high respect for professional and personal integrity and ethics, confidence and mentally sound
Job Title: Driver (Consultants on need basis)
- S/he will facilitate movement of staff and equipment; and maintain vehicles and equipment according to AAN policies and procedure.
- In addition, the person will be required to carry out routine checks on vehicles and give informed assessment of vehicles whenever required.
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate or equivalent with at least 4 credits is essential.
- A minimum of 3 years driving experience is essential.
- Experience working in an international development agency is desirable.
Application Deadline 12th March, 2018.
To apply click here