Country Finance Officer: INTERSOS
INTERSOS is an independent, non-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world's poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods.
- The Country Finance Officer (CFO) is responsible for the proper technical implementation of all accounting-financial activities of the mission and its projects. In this context, he/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the Organization’s procedures and the Regional Finance Officer’s technical directions.
- The CFO is responsible for the proper accounting and administration of funds, under the technical supervision of the Regional Finance Officer and the hierarchical supervision of the Head of Mission (HoM).
- To assume responsibility for cash account administration, ensuring conformity to existing procedures; shortages or thefts must be reported, bearing the joint signature of both, the Country Finance Officer and the Head of Mission;
- To manage the bank accounts of the mission and provide the Regional Finance Officer with monthly bank statements and bank reconciliations;
- To update monthly the Global Management of the mission under the coordination of the Regional Finance Officer;
To apply click here
- At least 2 years professional experience in similar position;
- Knowledge of UN administrative procedures (UNHCR – OCHA – Unicef – WFP) ECHO and other major donors;
- Experience in humanitarian assistance, e-voucher and nutrition is desirable;
- Strong experience in training, managing and monitoring the local administrative and logistics staff;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff, beneficiaries and other stakeholders;
- Capacity to work in volatile security environment and to adapt to basic living conditions;
- Computer literate (Microsoft office);
- Fluent English written and spoken