Consultant for Strategic Plan Review and Update: Pact Nigeria
Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and currently implements donor funded development projects in 4 States in the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and governance systems.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant for Strategic Plan Review and Update
- Pact is an international NGO that works to improve the health, livelihood and natural resources of her target communities. Pact has been working in Nigeria since 2005.
- The Strengthening Accountability & Quality Improvement Project (SAQIP) in Nigeria is designed to develop the capacity of the State Primary Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA) and its associated Local Government Authority (LGA) structures to carry out their mandate to provide quality maternal, neonatal and child health services through Primary Health Centers (PHCs), while empowering community structures such as Ward Development Committees (WDCs) to provide the oversight needed to ensure delivery of quality services at PHCs.
- With improved quality of services, increased knowledge and demand and increased access to funds, an increased number of women will utilize maternal, neonatal and child health (MNCH) services.
The objectives of the consultancy is to support SAQIP to:
- To conduct a needs/situational analysis to inform evidence for the review and update of GSPHCDA Strategic Plan.
- Identify and clearly outline performance indicators, standards and targets to be achieved.
- Update the SP in line with current realities of the Primary Health System in Gombe
Description of Work
The consultant will be responsible for completing the activities and deliverables as follows:
- Phase I (5th – 12th January 2018)
- Work collaboratively with SAQIP team and the Committee Members
- Phase II (15th – 18th January 2018)
Critical Milestones and Deliverables:
- Conduct SP Review Planning Meeting 5th January 2018
- Conduct workshop to review and update GSPHCDA Strategic Plan 12th January 2018
- Finalize Draft SP and its Costing 18th January 2018
- Submit Consultancy Report 18th January 2018
Period of Performance:
- The period of performance will be from 5th January through 18th January 2018. All work will be done locally in Nigeria, with travel to Gombe.
Timeframe and Considerations:
- Core Activity Key Participants Project No. of Days Dates
- Planning Meeting with SP Committee SP Committee Members 1 5th January 2018
- Review and update of SP SP Committee, Implementing Partners, CSOs, WDC, GSPHCDA Staff etc. 5 8th -12th Jan 2018
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- The consultant must be an expert in the field of Health, Planning and Economics
- Experienced in team management and facilitation of workshops
- Skilled in the development of Annual Operational Plans
- Have Master Degree or higher in relevant field (Public Health, Development & Statistics)
- Have at least 7-10years post graduate, progressive responsible National Experience in the field of goal oriented Strategic Planning
Application Deadline 29th December, 2017. To apply click here