Company Secretary/Legal - SIPML: Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
- Company Secretary/Legal oversees the Company’s Legal Unit and is responsible for providing legal opinions and advice in Pension Administration, Investment, Asset Management and Finance transactions.
- The continuum of advice he offers on the various activities undertaken by the Company, is crucial to the smooth execution of the specialized and intricate transactions handled by the Stanbic IBTC Pension.
Oversight of Good Corporate Governance Practice:
- Organizing, preparing agendas for, and taking minutes of Board Meetings and Annual General Meetings (AGMs);
- Maintaining statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries;
- Dealing with correspondence, collating information and writing reports, ensuring decisions made are communicated to the relevant company stakeholders;
- Contributing to meeting discussions, as and when required, and advising members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies;
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Law
- Masters & certifications in Organisational Governance and related fields
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) qualification or relevant legal qualification
- At least 10 years post qualification experience in Legal Services, Compliance, Risk Mgmt, & Business Support
To apply click here
- Financial Industry Regulatory Framework - Seasoned insight into and understanding of the various laws and regulations regulating the financial services industry.
- Legal Administration - Advanced understanding of the laws and legal principles governing the administration and contractual obligations of the organisation.
- Legal Advisory and Interpretation - Ability to advise on the development of policies and strategies on legislative matters through legislative analysis and interpretation.
- Corporate Legal Services Management - Applies knowledge and understanding the role and functions of corporate legal services within the context of the local legislative and industry regulatory framework.
- Legal Records and Related Systems - Efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposal of legal records, in order to support the organisation operations.Legal Records and Related Systems
- Contract Management - The ability to manage contractual obligations in order to deliver the objectives required in the contract.