Community Engagement and Information Assistant X2: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
SCOPE OF WORK:
The IRC is implementing a protection program featuring strengthening of community based protection structures, capacity building, protection monitoring, information dissemination and referral services. The IRC is also building capacity of government authorities, local organizations and local communities around protection mainstreaming and protection monitoring.nd monitoring of community based protection activities.
- Work closely with other IRC staff to create awareness and conduct information dissemination activities.
- Participate in the design, planning, and execution of protection activities in the area of jurisdiction.
- In coordination with other Protection staff, take part in identification of new target locations.
University degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field.
To apply click here
- 2 years’ experience implementing protection programming including experience in emergency or post-conflict project management
- Demonstrated experience using international human rights standards in protection programming
- Excellent communication skills, cultural sensitivity, flexibility, ability to improvise, team player.
- Experience in using community based and participatory approaches.
- Experience in community mobilization and awareness creation.
- Experience in working in remote and hard to reach areas with limited amenities
- Ability to live and productively work under stress and in insecure and harsh environments while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Knowledge of the local language will be an added value