Community Engagement Officer: Pact Nigeria
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
The Community Engagement Officer will provide support for quality programming at LGA levels. Communicates, consult and engage with stakeholders to ensure that initiatives meet policy obligations. Works within the LGA offices to support outreach with ward development committees (WDCs). Specifically, he/she will ensures performance assessments, mentoring and training in gender awareness and inclusion; leadership, financial management, note taking, scorecards and other key functions of WDCs. In addition, it includes support for the micro-grants WDCs will receive for implementing small scale improvements for SAQIP.
· Facilitate development of community-specific action plans (with state and LGA and CBO involvement) and provide technical guidance throughout their implementation.
· Provide support in organization and implementation of the community-level activities of the CBO partners including monthly community meetings, capacity building activities, briefings, community awareness raising and information campaigns. etc.
· Organize community-based awareness-raising and education events and campaigns. Negotiate with the local TV stations and media for broadcasting of Public-Social Advertisements (PSAs) and publication of program articles, success stories and materials.
· Provide support in establishment of community monitoring groups with participation of CBO Partners, community dwellers, other NGOs.
· A tertiary qualification in Communications, Public Relations, Social science or other relevant field and\or 4 years demonstrated substantial experience in community engagement.
· High level community engagement skills including planning, communication, presentation, facilitation, event management, evaluation, report writing and correspondence.
· Good project management skills, including project planning and scoping, assessment, logistics and implementation
· High level interpersonal skills, including effective verbal and written communication and active listening skills To apply click here