Communications Officer: Mott MacDonald
Mott MacDonald - DEEPEN is a UK government-funded programme designed to improve the quality of education in private schools in Nigeria.
The programme will support low-cost schools in particular and is initially focused on the private school market in Lagos.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- All aspects of the programme’s communications activities and strategy, working across the Results and Learning and technical teams as required.
- Work with the senior management team to develop and implement an effective communications strategy for the programme,
- Proactively engage with all members of the technical team on a regular basis to understand their current/planned activities in detail and identify their communication needs
- Identify and highlight any political and/or commercial sensitivities arising from programme interventions and/or communications
- Consider and promote the sustainability of communications
- Willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the programme on other duties as required;
To apply click here
- Degree in Strategic Mass Communications (particularly in the context of behavioural change and/or social development) or the media;
- Relevant professional qualification in journalism, public relations or communications (i.e. CIPR, ACCA, CIM, etc.);
- Experience working on education and/or international development projects or programmes, specifically those concerned with private education and/or low-cost private schools;
- Experience of working within an M4P framework;
- Experience of working in project capacity with the Ministry of Education;
- Proven track record of using innovative communications where conventional approaches have not offered adequate solutions;
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams in projects or programmes with components of social development and/or poverty reduction; and
- Experience working with donor agencies (specifically DFID).