Commissioning Editor: Africa Magic
AfricaMagic channels provide television programming that speaks to the African heart! Dedicated to African programming made by Africans, from soaps and drama series to lifestyle shows and movies. It is a collection of Pay TV entertainment channels that focus on African programming.
Africa Magic, which started off as a single channel of the same name, is a brand owned by M-Net and now comprises eight channels.
The channels include Africa Magic Family, Africa Magic World, Africa Magic Showcase, Africa Magic Yoruba, Africa Magic Igbo, Africa Magic Hausa. Africa Magic Epic and Africa Magic Urban.
They seek to appoint a suitably qualified & dedicated individuals, to fill the position of a Commissioning Editor.
- The position will be based at their facilities in Lagos, Nigeria and the successful candidate will report to the GM: Production.
External factors which influence the work environment, taking future conditions and strategic requirements into account:
- Multi-channel environment
- Market expansion/new ventures
- Multicultural environment
- Fast paced Digital broadcasting environment
External and internal individuals or groups to whom products, services, programs and information must be provided:
- DStv subscriber base
- Channel Heads
- DStv Media Sales
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Suppliers (Independents and Production Houses)
- Provide Development expertise for the scripted genres within the department:
- Part of the development phase (research & development)
- Attend quarterly review meetings for long running series
- Attend mid-point review meeting for 13 part or 26-part Drama series and Reality
- Provide Content DNA guidance across all the scripted and non-scripted content produced by Africa Magic channels
- Manage all commissioned project budgets with the Head of Production
- Work closely with Head of Production on ensuring that content strategic objectives are met
- Approve Scripted and Non-Scripted briefs based on agreed direction
- Draft Content Briefs to Industry for commissioning purposes
- Receive instruction from Head of Production (understand requirements)
- Receive, log and respond to unsolicited proposals
- Set up review meetings with content team (Time and Criteria)
Contract Production Company
- Meet with Production House to discuss Terms and Conditions:
- Budget, Payment Schedule, Delivery Schedule, Technical specifications, Marketing , Production Schedule, etc.
- Discuss agreeddeliverables with Head of Production
- Load onto contract management system
- Receive and review draft contract from Legal
- Send contract draft to Production House
- Finalize contract with Production House, Legal, Channel Head, Regional Director
Manage the Production
- Manage Production contract:
- Budget - review periodic cost reports, review production delivery specifications (production value/production quality), provide delivery formats (file/tape), implement and manage editorial requirements, etc.
To apply click here
- Conduct/Host/Attend regular internal status meetings
- Implement weekly status meetings with production house
- Ensure 360 Commissioning process