Coca-Cola Company: Franchise Marketing Manager
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world’s largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Franchise Marketing Manager
Job ID: R-03091
Job Type: Full time
Function Specific Activities
- The Senior Franchise Marketing Manager – Nigeria is responsible for leading the development of over-arching business & marketing strategies affecting the total portfolio within Nigeria; ultimately delivering positive Volume, NSR, PBT & Brand Love growth.
- The Company’s effort in building a strong consumer insight driven business growth model across all of the NARTD Beverage categories, coupled with development of scalable programs & tools for implementation by our Bottling partner – NBC is critical to our short and long-term business success.
- This person will be a key contributor in shaping the relationship and strategic plan development with this partner.
- The key purpose of this role is the development of market-based strategies & tactics collaboratively with the WABU Marketing leaders, Nigeria Franchise Leadership Team, and Nigeria Bottling Company to ensure we implement strong plans for consumer-driven business growth.
- They will also have ownership of key Business Unit initiatives and programs required by the WABU Business Plan, to achieve long-term growth objectives.
Nigeria Marketing Plan Development & Implementation – 50%:
- Leads Annual Franchise Marketing & Commercial Business Planning – providing “end-2-end” business solutions that deliver “through the line” messaging to consumers/shoppers coupled with strong affordability & availability thought-leadership to deliver BP objectives across all categories and brands. (NSR growth/ Transactions growth/ Value Share / BLS)
- Develop the corresponding prioritized investment strategy deciding the allocation, post aligning all key stakeholders, and own overall management of DME for Nigeria. In addition, provide proactive / alternative marketing & commercial plans, budget management and contingency planning to deliver positive ROI and competitive disruption; thus requiring in-depth market understanding & agility.
People Management & Organizational Development – 30%:
- Provide Coaching & Development of Direct Reports (MM/SBM/BM/JBM/ABM) in achieving overall business objectives – National & Regional, while ensuring Associate Development continues on-track for capability development and career progression
- Leads a BU Marketing Leadership Team Project – typically includes leading a training capability project or offsite within the BU to tackle a significant marketing organization challenge.
Long-Term Market Strategy & Planning – 20%:
- Develops & Provides Thought Leadership On Portfolio Strategy – based on WABU/Nigeria Portfolio Strategy and Growth Plan – to develop Innovation & RGM Pipeline (Product, Pack, Equipment) to achieve long-term growth.
- Co-Lead with Franchise Performance & Planning Manager – key long-term strategic recommendations to the General Manager & WABU Marketing Director on How The Business Should/Will Grow.
Organization Impact/ Influence
- Nigeria General Manager – business manager
- WABU Marketing Director – functional manager
- Franchise Customer & Commercial Leader – key functional partner
- Franchise Marketing team – direct reports
- Nigeria Bottling Company Managing Director – bottler business leader
- Nigeria Bottling Company Marketing Lead – bottler functional leader
- (2) Regional Franchise Leaders: North & South – key functional partners
- Nigeria Bottling Company Sales Lead – bottler functional leader
- Coca-Cola Hellenic Group Marketing Lead – bottler functional leader
- Other WABU Marketing Leadership Team members – Commercialization, Capability, Finance
- Other Nigeria Franchise Leadership Team members – Technical, Finance, Legal
Purpose of Interactions
- Development & Implement of Key Programs; ensuring multi-disciplinary approach & cross-functional/bottler alignment and leadership to activities.
- Persuasive “selling” to ensure Strategies & Programs are not only aligned in principle – but aligned in meaning and interpretation; resulting in total System clarity on path forward.
- Overall department of 5-8 marketing associates of various grades; including full hiring, work assignments, performance review, career & development responsibilities.
Related Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- Minimum Years of Experience: 12-15 years within TCCC or Other Global FMCG company with a significant brand consumer/product roles.
- In depth understanding, knowledge and practical experience in consumer marketing and ideally sales/operations management.
- Demonstrated people management both direct and in-direct over numerous years.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred: Master’s Degree – preferably MBA or Masters of Marketing
- Ability to collaborate in an International / Global cultural context is critical considering the diversity of the Business Unit.
- Develop thought leadership, market / program strategy and executional leadership for the Franchise/Bottlers; developing new approaches to encompass local needs/problems.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and evaluate quantitative analysis (financial, consumer insights, sales tracking) and convert findings to clear business actions with supporting rationale.
Judgement and Decision Making:
- Local Programs & Initiatives – with recommendations provided at key gate reviews with General Manager & BUMD
- Approver of All Marketing Materials within Standards (Brand, Formula, Assets, Financial etc.)
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business(encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- 25% within Nigeria and to occasional training/off-sites in: Nairobi, Atlanta, Johannesburg
To apply click here