Cloud Solution Manager: MainOne Cable
MainOne\'s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind their business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you will be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
The Cloud Solutions Manager (CSM) will be responsible for the identification, development, testing and release of new cloud products. He / She shall lead a team of talented and innovative cloud operations and planning engineers to design, architect, engineer and deploy innovative, reliable and high quality cloud products and services for the business.
The CSM will also work with the product development team on new Cloud service offerings, assist in the development of technical standards and architecture as well as overseeing and guiding the personnel to achieve corporate goals and objectives.
The specific responsibilities shall include to:
- Work with the Cloud operations and planning teams to guarantee stability, availability and the efficiency of our cloud environment.
- Manage the logistics and vendors related to our Cloud Infrastructure (Bandwidth, Public & Private Cloud, etc.) while tracking cloud infrastructure costs and efficiency.
- Ensure the Cloud operations and planning teams meet and exceed the needs of our customers (internal and external)
- Provide administrative direction and support to the operational team, and the 24 x 7 support teams.
- Set employee objectives, monitor and evaluate performance, and provide feedback and mentoring, while keeping the team of young and creative engineers focused, productive, and motivated.
- Ensure predictability of cloud projects (planning, deployment, upgrade, migration)
- Develop and oversee Cloud operations, support, event management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management and Change Management processes for all Cloud services.
To apply click here
- Bachelor\'s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Management or related engineering field is preferred
- Post graduate/relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Minimum of (10) years’ experience in the ICT industry with at least two (2) years in a supervisory role.
- Five years or more of progressive experience in large complex information systems or Cloud services environment
- Competencies Required: Experience with Microsoft public, hybrid and private cloud will be an added advantage
- Must have strong Windows/Linux/Unix skills.
- Five years or more of IT Service Management, data centre, server, and storage management, virtualization, networking, systems management, and project management are recommended.
- Certifications in Linux, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Microsoft System Centre, VMware, Storage, and other Cloud Technologies considered a plus for this position.
- Proven business development experience and familiarity with cloud services markets