Career at Greenlight Planet: Retail Channel Manager
Greenlight Planet is a renewable energy company focused on developing and marketing solar power products for off-grid communities in Asia, Africa and South America. They are also pioneers in technology-driven financing, enabling our customers to access credit through cloud-based lending models and partnerships with financial services providers.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Retail Channel Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Regional Business Manager, West Africa
- The Retail Channel Manager provides leadership, direction, and resource stewardship to the organizations retail sales function.
- As the country’s senior-most retail sales leader, the retail channel manager is accountable for the overall retail channel sales performance, the profitable achievement of sales organization goals, and for aligning sales objectives with firm’s business strategy.
- Actively seek out and obtain new retail distribution partners through research of the market to Identify target customers, their current product offerings, establish clear priorities and recommend the strategy necessary to obtain their business.
- Accountable for effective sales organization design, including sales job roles, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implement national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Work with retail and country managers to plan and organize daily work schedule to call on retailers, distributors by the field sales teams.
- Manage an independent sales team to best support and grow the business in their assigned territory. Ensure they perform in the best interest of the company and achieve desired results as well as make changes as necessary.
The ideal candidate:
To apply click here
- Has a college/university degree and at least 6-10 years of sales and business development experience in Nigeria working with channel networks.
- Has experience building and executing a sales and distribution strategy for consumer durables, renewable or FMCG products.
- Is comfortable working independently and remotely in a lean environment
- Likes getting hands on to figure out how to grow a high-potential business
- Is a natural people-person, one that thrives off of building strong relationships both within the organization and externally
- Has a strong entrepreneurial streak, is innovative and has experience building market relevant sales and distribution models for new brands and/or product categories
- Has a strong record of meeting revenue targets and experience growing new business lines
- Is entrepreneurial and excited about the opportunity to creatively build effective, non-traditional sales channels in a nascent product category
- Is fluent in English, both written and spoken.