Career Opportunities at Oxfam Nigeria, February 2017
Oxfam is a confederation of 17 Affiliates committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good governance, adopting a right based approach.
- To provide effective and efficient Human Resources (HR) and administration services to help smooth program delivery, ensure that Oxfam meets its business objectives and mainstreams its core organizational values through the effective administration service, to manage recruitment, HR policies and procedures, keep up to date and accurate HR filing systems and support in all HR and administrative issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all Oxfam HR policies and procedures
- Ensure effective performance management of all staff on the LINE project.
- Maintain a capacity planner, and alert line managers of upcoming staff renewal dates.
- Support with training and capacity building of staff where relevant.
- Maintain HR files on all staff in Bauchi , including performance appraisals and leave records etc
- Supervise administrative staff and ensure that all staff reporting to post holder have work plans, performance objectives and deliver to agreed set standards.
- Ensure the project Office is managed proactively and properly.
- Any other duties as delegated.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, or any relevant equivalent degree.
- Three (3) years of relevant professional and progressive experience in human resources and administration.
- Previous experience working in an NGO or within a structured organization.
- Excellent organizing capabilities especially in relation to HR/Admin filling! Record keeping systems and procedures.
- Ability to maintain individual and organizational confidentiality at all times.
Job Title: Finance Officer
- To implement and monitor all financial aspects of the project, including the management of financial rise, ensure that financial procedures are adhered to and non-compliance challenged, to provide financial information monitoring to project staff and partners.
- To work closely with the Country Finance Teams to provide quality financial information, process payments and maintain comprehensive accounting records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure supporting documentation for payments is complete and correct (e.g. authorised and coded by budget holder) in accordance with Oxfam’s financial procedures.
- Prepare payments for authorisation by account signatories (including payroll). Ensure relevant statutory deductions are made, and transactions recorded accurately on Pastel
- Handling (finance related) queries regarding Donors.
- Interpretation of financial information, advice to Project Manager, and Finance Administrator.
- Analysing report for project staff and providing guidance. Influences staff to adopt Oxfam’s financial procedures.
- Provide adequate support to partners in financial management and ensure application of appropriate standards for financial accountability.
To apply click here
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any relevant equivalent degree.
- ICAN or ACCA qualification will be an added advantage.
- 3 -5 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant professional experience, such as finance, accounting, grants management - ideally with at least 2 years with an International NGO.
- Ability to understand and implement the government tax &VAT laws.
- Proven knowledge of computerised systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets.