Business Unit Lead-Digital Grid: Siemens Nigeria
Siemens, is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been their hallmarks for 165 years, making them strong and linking them to their shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
Mission of Function
- Assume responsibility and accountability for the profit and loss within the Energy Management Digital Grids business unit.
- Management across all functional areas including sales, marketing, engineering, human resources, project management, finance for segments.
Dimension of Function:
- People Management responsibility, Budget planning and forecasting
- Formulate, influence and implement strategies to improve share in our selected markets
- Ensure that a detailed and sustainable sales strategy exists and is implemented into the Business Unit
- Derive strategic direction for the business and set suitable goals to achieve this strategy.
- Responsible for strategic business planning and setting of appropriate budgets
- Accountable for profit and loss in BU Digital Grid
- Maintain forecast integrity and release management reports
- Responsible for all people management activities, inclusive of mentoring, development and performance management with the aim of creating successful leaders in the organization
- Responsible to ensure that the BU is properly resourced with the right skills to fulfil business requirements
- Project Management Overview, receiving feedback on the delivery of projects
- Identification and defining of risk mitigation strategies by assessing current issues and potential risks and assist in implementing preventative/corrective measures.
- Ensure that best practice business processes and procedures are documented and implemented in accordance with Siemens guidelines and policies
- Develop, maintain and enhance customer relations at required levels.
- Sourcing new business opportunities and new customers with the aim of gaining majority market share
- Keep up to date with local market trends, customer requirements, compare to local requirements
To apply click here
- BSc/BEng Electrical Engineering. Supplementary business management qualification would be advantageous
- A minimum of 10 - 12 years relevant experience in a general management function within an Engineering organisation, and must have Protection / SCADA and or Smart Metering Experience
- Experience in General Management, Engineering, Project Management, Strategy; People Management is essential for this position
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience in dealing with diverse people including, levels of seniority, cultures, cross boarder exposure
- 6 -8 years Management Experience in leading complex projects
- Must be strategically focused
- Must be willing to travel
- Must have experience with Contracts of various Types.