British High Commission (BHC): Graduate Project Support Officer
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. They value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. They welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. They do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. They promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
They are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Project Support Officer – Border Force
Ref No: 19/17 LOS
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 5 months
Start Date 1st December, 2017.
Main Purpose of Job
- The main function of this post is to provide administrative and intelligence support to the Border Force, based in the British High Commission in Lagos.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Appointments within the Border Force require a high level of integrity and discretion.
- All candidates should be aware that this appointment is subject to security checks (past 5 years) and clearance prior to appointment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintaining records of Project Hunter/Chaucer staff
- Maintenance and accounting of monthly/annual budgets
- Preparing official letters, recording meetings
- Arranging calls
- Basic criminal investigations, research and analysis
- Completing UK intelligence reports
- Office and asset management
- Liaison with law enforcement and public bodies – both at senior management and practitioner level
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to quickly and accurately input data to a bespoke database
- Good attention to detail.
- Familiar with Firecrest, Echo, FCO and Border Force systems.
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting Monthly Salary
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be able to obtain Official Sensitive Security Clearance.
- A job offer will only be confirmed once this clearance has been granted by Foreign and Commonwealth Security Directorate.
Application Deadline 31st October, 2017.
Start Date 1st December, 2017 To apply click here