Auditor: Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. At The Coca-Cola Company, you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. They are the largest manufacturer and distributor of non-alcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are looking for an experienced Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety professional based in West/Central Africa (English and French language skills), with a proven track record in driving exceptional operational performance, risk mitigation and regulatory compliance within a large FMCG organization, seeking global exposure with one the World's largest and most successful food and beverage Companies, leading to future technical career opportunities within the Coca-Cola system.
The Global Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety (GEOSH) Auditor is a member of the Global Quality, Safety and Environmental Sustainability (QSE) organization responsible for assuring that all bottling operations manufacturing for, or on behalf of The Company are producing products of the highest quality, both safely and sustainably, and in accordance with Company standards, policies, practices, and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and conduct independent, risk-focused, compliance and systems based audits of TCCC's worldwide bottling operations (both internal and external) to verify conformance to TCCC's Occupation Health & Safety, and Environmental Sustainability requirements.
- Rigorously review TCCC's key environmental and Occupational health and safety performance indicators for information that facilitates and enhances the assessment of business risk, leading to a more effective audit process.
- Leverage investigative skills and techniques to quickly identify risk situations and areas of non-conformance
- Prepare comprehensive, fact based, audit reports that are clear and concise, allowing operations to accurately address the root causes of non-conformances and the subsequent development of effective corrective actions plans.
- Ensure all relevant information is captured accurately and entered in a timely manner into the Company's online reporting and data warehouse system.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Life and/or Health Science, Engineering, Chemistry or related field
- 5-15 years in an operational environmental occupational health and safety role within a leading fast moving consumer goods organization
- Experience with implementation and oversight of environmental and safety management systems such as ISO14000 / 18000.
- Exposure to and review of compliance with legal regulations for EOSH eg OSHA, ANSI
- Proven track record of driving improvement in EOSH performance indicators eLTIR/TIR, Water Use Ratio, Energy efficiency, Carbon, etc.
- Experience with comprehensive root cause analysis and problem-solving methodologies. Demonstrated examples of the use of these tools in the assessment and solving of problems.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (written, oral and presentation)
- Proven Project Management experience, with examples demonstrating budget, time and resource management performance
- Familiarity with and exposure to lean 6 sigma tools and methodologies
- Understanding of importance of technical governance in delivering a safe and sustainable product/process
- Demonstrated evidence of critical thinking, logic, patience, reasoning, empathy, continuous learning and development
- ISO 14000 / 18000 Management system certification.
- NEBOSH Certification or equivalent
- Green Belt Six Sigma
- Project management (Kepner Tregoe)
- Root cause analysis/troubleshooting methodologies and tools
Specific Skills & Knowledge
- Manufacturing: Knowledge of process operating conditions and requirements leading to the safe manufacture of products eg OSHA. Includes the implementation of an assessment of performance to these requirements in areas such as lost time injury rates, lock out, tag out, hearing conservation, fall protection, work at heights, safe operation of forklifts and trucks, confined space entry management, use of PPE etc.
- Environmental conformance: Knowledge of environmental principles and programs that ensure compliance with both TCCC and local regulations and requirements. Includes water and wastewater management, recycling, energy efficiency etc.
- Problem-solving and continuous improvement: Demonstrated knowledge of key tools and techniques used to determine root cause of non-compliance and the subsequent mitigation of risk
Process Skills & Knowledge:
- Investigative Analysis / Attention to Detail
- Critical / System Thinking
- Logic and Reasoning
- Decision making
- Risk/change management
- Franchise leadership
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Working independently / self-starter
- Continuous learning
- Drive innovation
- Balance immediate and long-term priorities.
- Collaborate with the system, customers, and key stakeholders
- Act like an owner
- Inspire others
- Develop self and others
- Must be fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Proficient in the local language where audits will be conducted (mainly French Africa): for this position French is required.
- Ideal candidates have additional language skills beyond local language.
- Minimum 50 % domestic and International Travel. Potentially extended periods of time away from home when participating in project related activities or assignments.
- Drive Innovation
- Collaborate with System, Customers, and Other Stakeholders
- Act like an Owner
- Inspire Others
- Develop Self and Others
- Growth Mindset
- Smart Risk
- Externally Focused
- Performance Driven and Accountable
To apply click here