Art Teacher: Amis Educational Consultancy Services
Al-Hidaayah Academy is a new Islamic Faith Secondary School located in Gwarinpa, Abuja opening September 2016 with Year 7 and 8. They are an equal opportunity employer and are seeking applications from all qualified candidates.
The position of Subject Teacher is responsible for the effective classroom teaching of their assigned subject in our secondary school. The Subject Teacher is expected to use the school’s curriculum as a guideline for their lesson planning ensuring that they achieve set targets of student performance.
- University Degree
- Previous experience within a secondary school either as a Teacher with at least 5 years’ experience
- Proficient in the use of written and spoken standard English
- Demonstrated ability to multi task, prioritize duties and achieve results
- Must be self-motivated and have a desire to implement programs
- Proven ability to remain calm in stressful situations
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Set targets for student achievement and work closely with each child to achieve goals. Should a child be at risk of falling behind every effort must be made to engage further support such as their Parents and Head Teacher to assist the child.
- Plan lessons based on curriculum requirements considering the various needs and abilities of all students in the class. The lessons should include the use of various teaching methods and approaches for both content and students. The lesson should be appropriately placed using both time and resources effectively.
- Develop and submit weekly teaching plans as per school policy.
- Ensure you are fully prepared for each class including but not limited to arriving on time, prepared lesson plans, adequate resources and use of various teaching methods.
- Responsible for positive classroom management including communicating general classroom rules and providing opportunity for children to master these rules, rewarding positive behavior and limiting negative behavior using positive discipline tools.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. To apply click here