Airtel Nigeria Vacancy: A Market Regulation Lead
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Regulation Lead
Looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of Market Regulation Lead in the Legal & Regulatory Function. The role holder would be responsible for:
- Interfacing with the Telecom Regulator and other relevant Regulatory Authorities for the purpose of ensuring the continuity of its licensed endeavours and operations
- Providing Regulatory support to internal stakeholders
- Co-ordinate Airtel’s inputs to periodic Consumer Protection Council (CPC), National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC), Universal Service Provision Fund (USPF) interventions – Standards, Guidelines and Regulations.
- Managing risks and opportunities arising from the regulatory environment for the benefit of the company.
- Guiding Commercial Group from Product conception to launch
Key Competencies and Requirements
- Good degree in Law, Economics or Engineering. Preferably a Law Degree.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration or a higher degree in any of the above disciplines would be preferred additional qualification.
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian telecom and business environment.
- Previous employment with Nigerian Communications Commission
- Ability to communicate and influence team direction without formal authority
- The job is located in Lagos and invlolves frequent travelling.
- 6 years of varied experience in law, engineering or economics with – 4 years of relevant experience in Telecommunications field
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Nigerian Regulatory environment.
Application Deadline 14th February, 2018. To apply click here