Accounts Clerk Job: The European Union (EU)
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic
representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The European Union (EU) is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Clerk
Job No: 44644
- They offer a post of Accounts clerk. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation.
- Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Accounts clerk - this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
- Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff to assist the Delegation Accountant in the processing of financial and administrative documents under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
- Liaise with the Delegation’s bank and monitor its bank account;
- Encode invoices into the Delegation’s accounting system and record financial data in appropriate software;
- Execute accounting transactions and follow-up outstanding and non-executed transactions;
- Make sure that financial, budgetary and contractual rules, procedures and deadlines are respected;
- Follow the consumption of commitment and payment credits;
They are looking for a candidate with:
- Capacity to work in a multicultural team, showing good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a timely and efficient manner, even when working under pressure and while respecting strict procedures;
- Sense of discipline, method, organisation and accuracy;
- High degree of responsibility
- Good communication skills with both internal and external contacts;
- Capacity to analyse and structure information (notably numerical);
- Diploma in Accountancy or equivalent. Higher education and/or further training would be an asset.
To apply click here
- Minimum three years of proven work experience in contracting and/or financial & budgetary discipline. Previous experience in a diplomatic mission would be an asset.