Accounting and Finance Manager UNICEF Nigeria
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development.
Key Expected Results
1.) Policy, procedures and strategies:
- As technical manager, guide the correct and consistent application of policies and procedures in the management of financial functions through the provision of technical leadership, guidance and support to the country office and sub-offices where applicable.
- Provides technical input to the establishment of financial guidelines in close coordination with the Chief of Operations.
2.) The budget preparation and implementation are properly administered, monitored and controlled:
3.) Partnership, coordination and collaboration:
- Develops and maintains effective working relations with other agencies, local authorities and implementing partners relating to matters for enhancement of information exchange, collaboration, and harmonization.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other UN agency counterparts in the UN reform initiatives (including common services, E-banking)
4.) Accounting, financial and budgetary transactions and control:
- Ensures the control and operation of bank accounts are in accordance with UN/UNICEF financial rules and regulations and local banking practices. Ensures up to date information on the cash position or status of such accounts.
- Manage bank reconciliation activities and keeps abreast of all procedures and regulations regarding the maintenance of bank accounts.
5.) Performs any other duties and responsibilities assigned as required:
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primarily, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
Effective operations of financial management:
- Manages and ensures the effective, equitable and efficient operations of the office's financial resources to support and facilitate the attainment of programmatic goals and objectives by meeting changing financial operational requirements. Ensures effective and efficient financial operations that promote gender sensitivity and gender parity. Advises management on financial issues.
Policy interpretation and application:
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university degree in Accounting, Financial Management or Economics.
- Eight years of relevant professional work experience in accounting or financial management;
- Both national and International work experience in management, finance, accounting or related fields;
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Communication [II]
- Drive for Result [II]
- Working With People [II]
To apply click here
- Leading and Supervising [II
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts [II]
- Analyzing [II]
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Planning and Organizing [III]