Accountant: Chemonics International
Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development firm based in Washington. D.C seeks qualified candidate for a Five-year Agricultural Value-Chain Development Project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- The Accountant is responsible for providing effective financial support to the project ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- The successful candidate will assist with entering of local transactions in the accounting software, running monthly reports, processing travel advances, processing payroll, monitoring receivables and payables, ensuring compliance within the satellite offices.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Review local expense reports for compliance with USAID and Federal Travel regulations before reimbursement.
- Coordinate with program and administrative staff to ensure transactions are property coded.
- Prepare wire transfer requests.
- Prepare and issue payroll checks for local staff.
- Ensure remittances are made to appropriate authorities.
- Monitor cash balances, prepare advance account reconciliations, bank reconciliations and maintain a good system of records.
- * Coordinate with the bank for information regarding balance account, bank statements, exchange rates, etc.
- Work with the Finance Manager and Finance Assistant to ensure compliance with the policies and procedures.
- Prepare letter of credit draw-down requests through the grants fund, and support the booking and tracking of in-kind grants payments.
- Degree in Accounting or Financial Management.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in an Accounting position.
- Excellent working capabilities with MS Excel, Word and other accounting software packages.
- Knowledge of payroll and tax issues
- Good interpersonal skills, honesty, and commitment to excellence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff, bank and tax officials, USAID Mission personnel and the general development and business community
- Experience with donors and USAID is preferred
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Cover letter, updated CVs and the name and contact information for three recent professional references. To apply click here