ALE: Business Development Manager
ALE is an engineering specialist. The core activity of the group involves engineering solutions for the horizontal and vertical movement of very large individual items. Their expertise lies in all aspects of heavy lifting and transportation, including specialised cranes, transporters, hydraulic equipment, and barges. The unique nature of our work means that we rely on highly skilled operators and engineers to work on their projects in a safety critical environment.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Job Reference: ALE/TP/26959/4650
Job Category: Business/Strategic Management
- We are currently in a business expansion process. Our South African offices are currently covering Southern Africa and Sub-Saharan African countries. As a Business Development Manager, your challenge will be to raise awareness of the ALE brand and services for the assigned area, and establish contacts with clients which will ultimately lead to the provision of ALE’s services.
- Reporting directly to the Director – South Africa, you will be able to call upon ALE’s huge diverse array of engineering skills, equipment and operational logistics team to design, offer and then provide unique and innovative solutions to the most demanding heavy lift and transport challenges.
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals, budgets and profitability.
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity.
- Create and conduct proposal presentations and ITT (Invitation to Tender) responses.
- Prepare tenders and presentations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in Business Administration/Sales/Marketing
- Blend of Marketing, sales and technical
- Oil & Gas and/or Power Generation
- International sales/business development
- Logistics and/or industrial construction
- Strategic analysis; Heavy lift knowledge
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a technical sales environment
- Selling services
- Knowledge of the Nigerian market
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent English Speaker
- Collaboration skills
- Business Intelligence
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Professional presentation
- Target driven/competitive
- Effective communicator
- Eligible to work in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Valid passport
- Willing to travel
- International driving license
Application Deadline 31st January, 2018. To apply click here