Job for an Internal Auditor: Neem Foundation
Neem Foundation is a non-profit, non-governmental, peace-building and conflict prevention organisation founded as a direct response to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria. We are committed to improving the lives of those affected by the insurgency, and preventing violence through building inclusive communities and raising the standard of education and psychosocial care.
- The internal auditor serves as a member of the finance and administration department working under the direction of Senior management.
- The internal auditor will be involved in activities such as the development and execution of detailed programmes for audits, the review of financial, operational, compliance and risk systems, processes and procedures to determine efficiency, work flow, effectiveness and alignment with internal policies, procedures, regulations and industry standards.
- The internal auditor will require knowledge of financial services and regulations; internal audit practices; risk management; and regulatory guidance and expectations (Federal, State and Local Level).
- Ensures the organisation complies with internal regulations and established control protocol.
- Examines documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information.
- Reconciles documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain accuracy.
- Participates in meetings with individuals and departments to update auditees on findings and the audit process.
- Prepares reports and preserves documentation pertaining to audits for internal record.
- Presents summarized findings concerning audit results.
- Analyses audit results to determine methods for increasing profits and decreasing unnecessary costs.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution of learning in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an internal audit or compliance capacity.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong sense of and respect for confidentiality
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- English Language Written and Verbal (Fluent)
Profile of Behaviour:
- Confident, attention to detail, independent judgment, self-starter, reliable, team-player, friendly, flexible, disciplined, adaptable
To apply click here
- Practical experience working with victims/ survivors of insurgency and/or working in a Non-governmental organisations
- Recognized professional designation in Accounting or Internal Audit (ICAN, CIA, CMA, CISA).